Wednesday, June 8, 2011

FINISHED COSPLAY - Rapunzel

FINISHED COSPLAY
#10
(Uhh, Cosplay anniversary! Number ten!)
RAPUNZEL
Tangled
Finished:
5th May 2011
First used:
8th May 2011 at SVS-con

I haven't taken any photoshoot with this cosplay yet, so it will be photos taken by awesome people at SVS-con 2011 that you can see! :) I will upload photos from the great shot I hope we will get this Summer! By we I mean my sister as Flynn and Samie as my Mother Gothel..! <3 (Go to Samies blog if you wanna see the amazing progress of her costume!)

NOW FOR PHOTOS!


 Flynn correcting on Rapunzel.. Tsk..
Photo by Liv Winkelmann
Le long wig... and booty shake..Photo by Liv Winkelmann
AND photos from our Tangled act taken by Sascha, Zarsu.dk!
Super fun to perform! Thought the music was sooo low.



We won for best craft! My sister totally derserved that! Look at her work: wantedlupin

My sister have uploaded our act if you are interested in seeing it. ;)
We are just fooling around and having fun! :)







Thank you for viewing my Rapunzel cosplay! :)




THE PROGRESS OF RAPUNZEL! 
Beneath you will see the whole progress of my Rapunzel costume. It is made for the people who would follow the progress while it was on, and now when the costume is finished for people who might consider doing the costume as well.! :D I hope it can be at help! If you are to make the costume, but do not understand the pictures, feel free to write me a mail at lillykitsune@gmail.com and I will explain or take pictures to your help. :) But remember that the great thing about cosplay is also to figure out how to do it! ;) But are you stuck, write me! :D

If you want to see the progress from the start, you have to scroll down to the bottom, since it is in "updated"  sequence. :)


[2011-05-06]
I'M DONE! Who knew right?
Photos will be uploaded after this weekend at SVS-con! :)



 



 [2011-05-03]

Okay! An update with lots of pictures! This will probably be the last one before pictures of the final costume... Why? BECAUSE I HAVE TO MAKE IT UNTIL THIS FRIDAY! Kill me for not being more focused on it... I will still upload progress photos later on. Enjoy photo hell!





 Dude... I remade this... The paint was too dark... T_T This is how it looks now:



[2011-04-06]

Last weekend I was in Greve at a very good friends place. We were 6 active Cosplayers working on our different cosplays. It was so much fun! :) I was a bit down Friday though, since I had a huge headache all week, and was totally wasted when the evening came. But beside that! We got to see lots of Disney movies and I got a (little bit) farther with my Rapunzel costume!

I have found out that I'm gonna be a much more purple Rapunzel rather than pink.... But well.. In my world she will be purple!


I have changed the dark fabric in the middle.
I have no idea how I thought this would look the slightest good:

Freaking brodery on her dress! It kills me! Unfortunately all the light threat you see I am doing here - was afterward removed in great remorse... It was not good.. T_T Thank you Yoshu for helping me removing it again! XD

Her underskirt... Why am I taking so long for a underskirt! It is almost finished. :)

 "Thats a lot of hair" It sure is! and a hell to work with!
This is how far my sister is with my wig! She made it while I was a school.. <3



[2011-02-06]
 Okay.. The thing is... My mom and dad doesn't really like the idea of my sister and I using the living room for doing cosplay anymore, since we used it almost the entire last year because of the WCS.... So now we're kinda stock in our small rooms... So my room right now... is... MESSY!
 Doing a costume? What is your best friend? REFERENCE PICTURES! And because Rapunzel is more complex than she seems at first - I got a lot of pictures..! :)

Basic of the skirt... Lot of pieces..
 "Thats a lot of hair..."
It sure is dear Thug! And because of that, my sister and I ordered two different wigs here.. One in good quality and one which is reeeaaally bad.. XD BUT! The thing is! The bad quality wig is being cut up and sewn into the good quality wig:

 Wola! I am making the version where she has it braided with flowers, and that is a very thick braid. XD
 Me being nonchalant with the really ugly unfinished wig on...





12 comments:

chikara said...

again! awesome :D

are you gonna do a Paschal too?

L I N A ☆ミ said...

IS IT SO AWESOME YOU ARE GOING TO COSPlAY RAPUNZEL! >w< I'm sure you'll look so much like her! ♥

Simone said...

Will you cospaly her friday or one of the other days? :3 'cause I really want to see it, I just won't be there till early Saturday..

Christine said...

Tillykke med at i vandt for best craft, det var SÅ velfortjent. Super flotte cosplays! :D Selvom jeg endnu ikke har fået set filmen.

Rikku Valentine said...

Hello! I love your cosplay Rapunzel! I want to do this cosplay too:) I would like to ask what kind of pattern you used to make the corset.
And you made the mold for carrying drawings.

my English is not very good, I'm Spanish> _ <
I am following your blog, you can follow if you want mine or my site! http://rikkucosplays.webs.com/

bye!

Lilly said...

Thank you Rikky Valentine! I'm flattered.! So glad you like my Rapunzel costume!

But I'm sorry to say that I didn't really use a pattern. :/ I have made a "corset" thing like that before, and just remembered, and drew out from the pictures from the movie what I "thought" would work. And it almost worked, just had to adjust the size afterwards so it fitted. But search for a corset pattern, and add the "different" shape to it, so it gets closer to the one Rapunzel is wearing. :)

I will follow you! Please write me again if you need any assistance! But I would be pleased if we should discuss any more, then send me an e-mail at lillykistune@gmail.com. That I check everyday, my blog I look at eventually. :S

Good day!

Anonymous said...

Hello

the wig, how's is it made.
have you a pattern you looked at.


Your costume is super nice.
I will also made ​​a costume if I can.
I must try

Lilly said...

The wig is made as the pictures show. :/ A pattern for a wig? O.O Nothing else than pictures from the movie.. I'm sorry, I am not sure I can help more than that.

And thank you! I'm glad you like it! If you wanna make it, then do it! :) take it as a challenge and do your best! <3 :)

Anonymous said...

Hello

thanks for the reply.
I have saved the image of the wig so I must see if I can make one.

where have you the purchased the sewing fabric for the top.
I have to the skirt but I can not find it to the top.

LauRa said...

My favorite Rapunzel!!! :D

Amandah said...

where did u get the stencil piece that you used on the top part and the middle skirt piece?

mctoxe said...

a7k96f9o48 n5m76c9x41 u3j55n6o31 m3e18x3c85 f5t54w0g45 u2e71z6f92